It is finally starting to get chilly outside. The leaves have all started to change and they are predicting rain tomorrow for the first time in over two months. It is officially Fall. Halloween is right around the corner, then we will all be getting ready for Thanksgiving in November, and before we know it, we will be surrounded by Holiday music and red Starbucks cups rushing past as we all start planning our shopping lists.
Use this time we have now to plan the ultimate holiday party of the season! Start getting the detailed ironed out and the professional services booked so you are not scrambling at the last minute!
These are also very helpful steps if you are in charge of planning your holiday corporate event or community event.
Here are a seven steps to get you going with planning
The Holiday Party of the Season:
1. Plan Early. That's right. Start now. I know it is mid-October, but think of how busy Fall can be. Plan now. Set the date of your Holiday party before everyone else starts setting their dates.
2. Decide what your theme will be and if there are any ways that guests will need to participate. Is this going to be a Elf themed party? Are costumes required? Is it semi-formal? Do guests need to bring a small present for a party game? Make sure to determine all of this before you create your invitations.
3. Send out written invitations. Okay we can wait until November to send these, but design them and gather addresses from friends and family you normally only email or talk to on the phone. Remember, an email invite or personal phone message is great for last minute or small shindigs, but this is the Holiday Party of the Season. Make an impression with beautiful invites mailed and addressed by hand.
4. Book your professional services. This is the Holiday Party of the Season. Maybe you would like to consider hiring a caterer for your event. Is your event big enough to need a DJ? Are you going to hire a professional decorator? Do you need to book a venue? These may not be necessary but you should consider them early as the holidays are already starting to book. Right now.
5. Make sure to capture all the moments on camera! Are you going to need a professional photographer for your event? Up the fun level with a professional Photo booth company. These can easily be uploaded to social networks to keep the excitement and success of your holiday party going for days after the event. *** If you book Seattle Party Booth or RW Photography for professional photography, you will get the Photo Booth for 50% off!***
6. Decorations! Decorations! Decorations! These really set the mood of the event. Is it all sparkles and snow? Is it fun and colorful? Is it a little goofy? Is this a New Year's event? Make sure to coordinate your decorations and consider even the tiniest details, table cloths, plate color, napkin color, tinted lights, centerpieces, flowers, etc.
7. Don't forget the drinks and the desserts! Desserts are those delicious little morsels that everyone gives themselves the go-head to eat at the holidays! Now is the time to break out all the fun holiday themed drinks here too! ***Here is a list of the top 10 Holiday Drinks***
Hope this helps with your holiday party planning!
Let us know your thoughts or if you have any great tips to add to our list!